This post is also available in: svenska
Basil is a surprisingly delicious ingredient even in sweet food. Here I have paired it with an incredibly moist lemon bundt cake. To make it extra fresh, the cake has slightly more sourness to it, which also goes perfectly with the sweet basil glaze that’s drizzled upon it.
This unusual lemon and basil cake is sure to make an impression, although it’s actually easy to make. Try it!
LEMON BUNDT CAKE WITH BASIL GLAZE RECIPE
0,85 US cups sugar (2 dl)
2/3 stick of butter (75 g)
0,4 US cups milk (1 dl)
zest from 1 lemon
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice (juice from a little over 1 lemon)
1,25 US cups flour (3 dl)
1,5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 plant of fresh basil
1 tbsp water
about 0,85 US cups powdered sugar (2 dl)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Zest the lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice. Put aside.
- Mix flour with baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
- Put eggs and sugar in another bowl and whisk with electric mixer until batter is really fluffy.
- Melt the butter in a pan. When melted, add the milk.
- Quickly pour the milk and butter mix into the egg and sugar mix and stir. Add the flour mix to the batter and stir gently until everything is just about mixed (do not overmix!). Add lemon zest and lemon juice and mix gently.
- Pour batter in a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes at the lowest oven rack position until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- Mix basil leaves and water in electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar.
- Put the cooled cake on a pretty plate and drizzle the basil glaze on top.