This post is also available in: svenska
It’s time for some more fall DIY:s! Today I’m going to show you how to make these super easy paper leaves. They’re basically just a triangular piece of paper that you accordion fold and glue together. Easy peasy! But as usual I’ve done a step by step tutorial as well (further down in this blog post).
You could also use the paper leaves for fall cards, garlands, table scapes and wreaths. Do you have even more suggestions?
DIY EASY PAPER LEAF TUTORIAL
Colored paper, glue, ruler and pencil.
- Chose a light weight paper – origami paper och printer paper is fine (but heavier paper won’t make the final fold look pretty). It doesn’t matter if the paper is square or rectangular.
- Fold the paper in half and draw a line along the diagonal.
- Cut along the pencil mark.
- Unfold the paper.
- Fold a crease parallel with the triangle base according to picture.
- Keep on folding equally big creases (accordion folding) until only a small tip of the paper remains.
- Fold the remaining tip according to picture to make the stem.
- Fold the leaf in half according to picture and glue it together. Let dry.
- Unfold the leaf a bit and you’re done!