This post is also available in: svenska
This Easter I’m making leaf decoupage eggs! You can use any kind of napkin with a leaf pattern, but I used one with a Swedish design classic called “Berså”. Berså means arbor and was designed by Stig Lindberg in the 1960s. It’s still extremely popular in Sweden.
Tutorial on how to make the leaf decoupage eggs after the jump.
DIY LEAF DECOUPAGE EGGS
Boiled eggs, decoupage glue, small brush, scissors and napkins with leaf pattern (I used a pattern called “Berså” by Swedish designer Stig Lindberg).
- Cut out a leaf from a napkin.
- Remove the bottommost napkin layers.
- Apply a thin layer of decoupage glue on the egg.
- Attach one end of the napkin leaf to the egg and carefully even out bubbles with your fingertips. Repeat a small step at a time until the entire leaf is attached.
- Let dry and apply one extra coat of decoupage glue on top of the leaf if you want a more durable result.