This post is also available in: svenska
Did you know that you can make cordial from bird cherry flowers? It has a fresh, flowery and summery taste and it’s my favorite cordial without a doubt. It’s really easy to make too.
BIRD CHERRY FLOWER CORDIAL RECIPE
Yields 2 liters (0,5 gallons) of concentrated cordial
40 bird cherry blossom clusters (about 1 liter of loosely packed bunches)
1,5 l water
1,5 kg sugar
50 g citric acid.
- Pick flowers and cut of all stems.
- Wash the lemons in warm water, scrub them with a brush and cut them into thin slices.
- Place the flowers in a large bowl and cover them with the lemon slices.
- Boil the water and then add sugar and citric acid. Stir thoroughly until completely dissolved.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the flowers and lemon slices.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plate. Let cool.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Stir once a day.
- Strain the cordial and pour it into bottles.
The finished cordial can be stored in a refrigerator up to a month. Mix the cordial with cold water before drinking it.